Historian Hillary Don discusses his book, Across the Pacific Ocean with Paddle Steamship China. From 1867 to 1879, the wooden, sidewheel-paddle steamship boldly carried thousands of transpacific ocean passengers- including William Seward and Anson Burlingame—over 6,000 hazardous nautical miles from San Francisco, California, to Yokohama, Japan, and Hong Kong, China. It helped unite the East and West coasts of the United States and developed trade between the youngest and two of the oldest civilizations in the world. Now only the aft deckhouse of the ship survives as “China Cabin” in Belvedere.
- Shanghai Faithful
- Sábado 29 de Abril de 2017, 10:30 amChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Fred Korematsu Speaks Up - and so can you!
- Sábado 29 de Abril de 2017, 11:00 amWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Fred Korematsu Speaks Up
- Sábado 29 de Abril de 2017, 3:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 29 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Principal
- Teen Computer Corps
- Domingo 30 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 3 de Mayo de 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones