The new Visitacion Valley Library opened July 30, 2011.
The Visitacion Valley Branch Library was the 18th branch established in the San Francisco Public Library system, having been opened as a "deposit collection" in 1934. Eventually the facility was upgraded to a full service branch library and installed in a leased storefront facility at 45 Leland Avenue. The new library building at the corner of Rutland and Leland opened July 2011.
Visitacion Valley Branch interior in 1970