Listen to the sweet sounds of Selena and Cumbia classics from all over Latin America and make a maraca to shake as you sing and bidi bidi bom bom.
Gather the following supplies and tools ahead of time:
- 1 Paper Towel Tube
- 2 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" (purple) construction paper
- 1 sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" (red) construction paper
- 1 sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" (black) construction paper
- 1 sheet of 5” x 5” aluminium foil
- 5 pieces of paper towel sheets or newspaper
- Filling for your maracas ex. beans, rice, or small beads
- Clear Tape
- Masking Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
Register ahead of time for this Zoom program: Selena y Cumbia Craft
Alejandra G Ramirez is a Salinas & Bay Area artist, museum educator and Co-Director of The Marigold Project. Follow her work on IG: @aleimina
¡VIVA! at the Library is an annual celebration of Latinx heritage, cultures and traditions. San Francisco has a rich Latinx heritage that is highlighted in a diverse array of exciting programs for all ages, from Spanish/bilingual storytimes to cooking classes, author talks to art and cultural presentations.
Connect to engaging discussions and performances related to the Latino American community.