Richmond Branch has 2 private, glass-enclosed study rooms that are available on a first-come, first-served basis; reservations are not accepted. You can sign in for an available study room at the Reference Desk in the adult reading room; you will need to leave your library card or ID.
These rooms are intended primarily for one-hour study sessions for a broad number of library users, and are not intended for multi-hour use. If an arriving user requests a room and your party has been in a study room for an hour or more, you may be asked to release the room. Groups are also limited to one hour and may not sign up individually. You may not sign up for the other study room if you have already had 1 hour.
Other things to know about the study rooms:
- Study rooms are designed to hold up to 4 people. Maximum allowed occupancy is 6 people.
- If more than one person/group are present at the time of a room's availability, a fair decision will be made via a random drawing.
- To access the study rooms you must sign in at the Help Desk.
- The library reserves the right to ask a user to vacate the room after 1 hour of use to allow another person to use the room.
- Groups are limited to one hour and may not sign-up individually.
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- Please do not leave personal belongings unattended. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to closing.