The Main Library of SFPL maintains an extensive collection of repair manuals that covers most popular automobiles, trucks and motorcycles, as well as many collectibles. Most of the repair manuals are located on the 4th Floor of the Main Library for reference (in-library use) only.
Car, Truck and Motorcycle Repair Manual Databases
There are two databases that can be used to search for the proper repair manuals by make, model and year of vehicle
Printable full-text automotive diagnostic and repair information manuals
- In addition to diagnostic and repair manuals, it offers Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs), recall information, projected labor costs for specific work, and various other information
- The ALLDATA Online database is only accessible at the Main Library. Information can be printed from the database using library printers.
Current, accurate and authoritative auto service and repair information including
- Step-by-step repair procedures.
- Wiring diagrams
- Labor Estimates. Information can be printed from the database using library printers.
Authoritative automotive repair information, including year, make, and model of popular vehicles from the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models.
Pricing Guides for Used Vehicles (Print and Online)
- Online values for vehicles (1992-Current)
- Kelley Blue Book print editions are available in print at the Main Library and select Branches. **The print publication ceased in 2017**
- The Main Library also carries Kelley Blue Book guides for older cars, early cars, motor homes, camper and van conversions, motorcycles, manufactured homes and trailers. **The print publication ceased in 2017**
- Online values for vehicles (1990-Current)