Service and support animals are welcomed in all SFPL facilities. Please help maintain a pleasant and safe environment for all library users by observing the following behavioral guidelines for your service or support animal. These guidelines conform to California Penal Code 365.7(a), San Francisco Health Code Article 1: Sections 41 (a) and 41.12 (a) and federal regulations that support the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Animals, other than service or support animals assisting persons with disabilities, are not permitted inside Library facilities or within 10 feet of any door.
- Animal entering the Library must be up-to-date on its vaccinations and wearing a current rabies tag.
- Fraudulently misrepresenting guide, signal, service or support dogs is a misdemeanor.
- Keep your service or support animal with you and under your control at all times.
- Keep your animal on the floor or on your person at all times.
- If your service or support animal is a dog, keep your dog on a leash.
- If your service or support animal's behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, or disobeys SFPL's Patron Code of Conduct, it may not stay in the library.