Make Sure Your Vote Counts
- The deadline to register to vote is 15 days before an election.
- Citizens who are 16 or 17 years of age, but will be 18 by election day can pre-register. Click here to pre-register.
- The Federal Voting Assistance Program is a federal voting assistance program for service members, their families, and overseas citizens. Provides access to election officials and voting assistance officers to help navigate the absentee voting process.
- In California, people with misdemeanor convictions and those who have felony convictions but are on probation or done with parole can also vote. If you have a conviction history, click here to check your eligibility.
Check Your Voter Registration Status
Register to Vote
Online, at registertovote.ca.gov
If you do not have a signature on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), you will need to print, sign, and mail the application.
On paper, using a Voter Registration Application – available at the Government Information Center. Or, contact the Department of Elections, your local post office, or DMV office.
Track Your Ballot
Track Your Vote-by-Mail ballot, subscribe to Where's My Ballot for real-time notifications.
Voter Information Pamphlets
City and County of San Francisco Voter Information Pamphlet and Sample Ballot
Statewide General Election, November 8, 2022:
Secretary of State
Superintendent of Public Instruction
Board of Equalization Member District 2
Member of the State Assembly District 17
Member of the State Assembly District 19
United States Senator (Full Term)
United States Senator (Partial/Unexpired Term)
United States Congressional Representative District 11
United States Congressional Representative District 15
- Chief Justice of California Supreme Court
- Associate Justices (3) of California Supreme Court
- Court of Appeal – First Appellate District
- Division 2: Associate Justice
- Division 3: Presiding Justice and Associate Justices (3)
- Division 4: Associate Justices (2)
- Division 5: Presiding Justice and Associate Justice
The San Francisco Department of Elections, located at City Hall, is committed to helping voters who need assistance casting a ballot before or on election day.
Call the Department of Elections for more information on this service:
Phone: (415) 554-4375
Fax: (415) 554-7344
TTY: (415) 554-4386
中文: (415) 554-4367
Español: (415) 554-4366
Filipino: (415) 554-4310