The Fisher Children's Center provides a variety of services, exhibits, and programs to promote children's enjoyment of literature, media, information and recreational reading. The Center is for children, parents, childcare providers, educators, individuals and researchers.
- Main Children's Center is on Twitter! #MainChildrensSFPL
- SFPL on Facebook!
- Children's Center Storytime Calendar
- Banned Books Week Display - Free to Read, Free to Be
- Mamava is available for mothers who need privacy for breastfeeding and pumping
- Parent/educator materials on early childhood development
- International publications in multiple languages
- Magazines, graphic novels and comic books for home use
- Computers with Internet access and word processing software
- Movies, music and educational films (CDs, DVDs, & Blu-rays)
- Play-to-Learn interactive learning space
- Effie Lee Morris Historical and Research Collection of Children’s Literature
- eBooks for kids
- Baby rhyme time, toddler tales, and family story times
- Class visits for pre - K through middle school-aged students should be scheduled two weeks in advance.
- Discover & Go - FAMILY PASS to local museums and attractions.
Languages Spoken by Staff